As a self-professed product junkie, my tiny city bathroom cabinets are bursting with creams and salves and serums that make lots of promises. My skincare routine has changed a bit at the moment as retinol is not safe for pregnancy or nursing mamas (so numbers 2 & 3 are o.u.t) but they still top my list of go-to’s for fine lines so I’m including them here.
1. Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Wash: I’m obsessed with anything rose-scented and this face wash is my absolute favorite. It’s gentle, but thorough and smells like a rose garden on a spring morning. I try to use it with an exfoliating facial brush like the Clarisonic or this one from Clinique for extra cleansing.
2. Glow by Dr. Brandt Ruby Crystal Retinol Hydracreme: This moisturizer is phenomenal. It’s anti-aging and moisturizing (which are both non-negotiables for me,) but it does triple-duty by infusing skin with reflective crystals that diffuse light. Think of it as an instagram filter in real time. I can’t wait for this one to make a triumphant return when my nursing journey is over.
3. Vichy LiftActiv Retinol HA: Hyaluronic Acid and another dose of retinol for nighttime. I spent far too much time in the sun growing up and I’m beginning to pay for it. This evening cream will turn the clock back while you sleep and it plumps it almost immediately. This is another one that isn’t safe during pregnancy or nursing, but if you’re not making babies, I highly recommend it.
4. LUSH Sympathy For the Skin Hand & Body Cream: Lush is amazing and this body cream is one of the best of all time. It’s made with mashed bananas, lemon oil, sandalwood, vanilla bean and loads of other super moisturizing and delicious smelling natural ingredients. I use it every day and adore the subtle radiance it gives fresh out of the shower.
5. CO Bigelow Rose Salve: An excellent all-purpose salve for lips, cuticles and dry skin. I like to use it on my eyelids in summer for a pretty gleam. It goes on clear, but smells like tea roses and is easy to toss in a purse and go.
What skin care products are on your bathroom sink?
SHOP SKIN MUST HAVES